i just got a new tuner for my studio (which is currently down due to house contruction but anyway...) the following copy describing it was pulled shamelessly from musician's friend.
The most-accurate, most-flexible, easiest-to-use tuner ever!
Displays in cents, hertz, or strobe, and features proprietary circuitry that locks right onto the root tone, ignoring harmonics that confuse cheaper tuners. 7-semitone dropped tunings (a worldwide first), reference pitches from the sound jack, and built-in mic for acoustic tuning provide a wealth of professional options. Tuning modes include chromatic, guitar (6- or 7-string), bass, and 5 types of open tuning. Calibration adjustable from 438-445Hz, select either manual or auto. Lights up rack equipment mounted below.
- Locks right onto the root tone
- Automatically detects the note name
- Displays in cents, hertz, or strobe
- 438-455Hz calibration range
- Chromatic, guitar (6- or 7-string), bass, and 5 types of open tuning
- Reference pitches from the sound jack
- 12-note equal tempered
- Accurate to ±1 cent
- Lights up rack equipment mounted below
- Front panel input and mute
- Back panel input, output, and mute